Cyber Dueling Academy

You can register or log in if you're already a member. Once you log in, read the Student Guide which can be found here:

https://cyberda.forumotion.com/t20-cda-student-guide

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cyber Dueling Academy

You can register or log in if you're already a member. Once you log in, read the Student Guide which can be found here:

https://cyberda.forumotion.com/t20-cda-student-guide

Cyber Dueling Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for students to hang out, duel and have fun.

5 posters

Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy?

EmperorPenguin13
    EmperorPenguin13

DN Username : EmperorPenguin13

Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy? Empty Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy?

Post by EmperorPenguin13 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Let's talk about the opposite of my last topic...
    Do you hate the Six Samurais for overwhelming you?
    Do you hate the Naturias for putting you on lock-down?
    Which archetype makes you think to yourself "OH NO, NOT THESE GUYS...".

...Or are you simply unbeatable no matter the archetype you face?
    Mr. K
    Mr. K
    Admin

DN Username : Kirby Z

Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy? Empty Re: Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy?

Post by Mr. K Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 am

I think if you are a good duelist you build your deck around main types that you see alot of people run or just have a strong side deck but to stay on topic Grave Control decks I hate Gravekeepers but I love to use em lol
    ito12
    ito12

DN Username : Ito12

Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy? Empty Re: Which Archetype Is Your Worst Enemy?

Post by ito12 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:33 am

I love to use a main structure deck, like my fire fists or six samurai. Razz

I hate when people use six samurai, its only a good deck when im the one special summoning Shi en from my hand! Very Happy
    EmperorPenguin13
    EmperorPenguin13

Post by EmperorPenguin13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

The Watt Monsters are the worst.
    I dueled this one guy who had a vicious card combo that essentially did this:

1. I can't target his Watt Monsters for attacks.
    2. I can't target his Watt Monsters with Spells and Traps.
    3. His Watt Monsters can attack directly.

All I could do was sit and watch him kill me from behind an indestructible shield.
    cymantex
    cymantex

DN Username : Cymantex

Post by cymantex Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:39 pm

The only thing I don't like about Six Samurai right now is gateway. That card is still way to OP, hopefully it gets banned some time in the future. Otherwise I think the deck is pretty balanced and I have nothing against playing them.
    It also works decently against meta with easy access to Naturia Beast to lock-down spellbooks. While you can main stuff like Veiler, Maxx and Iron Wall for E-drags/Dragon Rulers.

Naturia is probably my favorite archetype!
    I only wish they were a bit more playable.

Through my Yu-gi-oh career there haven't been much decks/archetypes I've really "hated". I generally dislike decks which are either so OP that they are barely possible to counter (considering that there are other deck in the meta) and most FTK/OTK/Stall since they don't give much interaction with the opponent.

EmperorPenguin13
    EmperorPenguin13

Post by EmperorPenguin13 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:46 pm

"...FTK/OTK/Stall since they don't give much interaction with the opponent."
    -cymantex

I agree. That's not even trying to have fun it's just trying to win as easily as possible. I'm like really? I didn't even get to play. It was just you doing a formula basically and guaranteeing yourself a win.

I play to have fun not to win in one minute.
    Symphony Dragon
    Symphony Dragon

DN Username : SymphonyDragon

Post by Symphony Dragon Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 pm

EmperorPenguin13 wrote:The Watt Monsters are the worst.
    I dueled this one guy who had a vicious card combo that essentially did this:

1. I can't target his Watt Monsters for attacks.
    2. I can't target his Watt Monsters with Spells and Traps.
    3. His Watt Monsters can attack directly.

All I could do was sit and watch him kill me from behind an indestructible shield.

i faced this, and one of the reasons i run 3 smashing ground t.t. etc in my deck is because of crap like this, smashing ground does not target you see,
    but my most hated 5 archetypes
    E Drags
    Darkworld
    Mermails
    Spellbooks
    final countdown

i hate them cuz they are auto pilot, well mabye except for darkworld, but the only way to show true skill with these decks is to do mirror matches,
    but now that i think about it people will complain about the new meta, before is was BW, now no one even cares about BW and DAD, but these auto pilot decks are takin it to a new level of no skill needed
    cymantex
    cymantex

DN Username : Cymantex

Post by cymantex Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 am

Maining 3x smashing ground for a deck that is very rarely played is strange. Actually when I saw that you mained all the smashing ground my first reaction was: "Wow, this guy must be really hate watts!".

However if you know about the whole watt lock-down and how they set it up it's much easier to play around it. In fact most standard trap cards can put a dent in their plan. Torrential tribute deserves a special mention since it can even get rid of the lock-down itself and not just prevent it from being set up.

I'm especially against stall decks which uses cards such as battle fader, swift scarecrow and one day of peace (thank god it got limited!) to buy themselves free turns and stall until they get what they need to win.
    Symphony Dragon
    Symphony Dragon

DN Username : SymphonyDragon

Post by Symphony Dragon Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:03 pm

i have a butt load of monster destruction in my decks incase i dont draw TT or force or hole or something

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am